Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

Memorial Day  - May 26

Today I started with great pain.  The type of pain that is so intense that I can only submit to it until it passes.  It took about 45 minutes for the pain medicine to take over and the pain to subside.   I knew it was only pain but it was very scary for M.E. who was staying at the house over the long weekend because Patty was out of town.  I know she was so scared and felt so helpless as there is little to be done except to make sure I have take pain medication.  We had a long talk after it had subsided some, to comfort her that I would be ok.

Pain
What is pain?
Often times coaches say
No gain without the pain”
That is not pain
Pain is what brings the strongest to their knees
Pain is what would cause one to
Beg to God for mercy
Pain is what will have one
Grab and hold onto anything for a sense of reality
Pain is what causes one to yell
Stop, stop, stop” even though no one is there to hear
That is pain, oh yes I know this pain

-Bruce


No comments:

Post a Comment